Friday, August 19, 2016

Conversations with Dolly

Conversation #1: On Getting Married

During breakfast one day...

Dolly: When can I have my own babies?

Me: When you are an adult and after you get married, you can have your own babies.

Dolly: Huh? I must wait so long! I want to marry next year. 

Me: (big laugh from me!) You cannot marry next year because both of you are just little children. 

Dolly: Why must I wait till I am an adult to get married?

Me: Because getting married means you must be able to look after yourself. You have to leave this house and live with your husband. You must be able to earn your own $, look after your house and each other because mummy and daddy will not be there to look after anymore. So you must wait till you are an adult.

Dolly: So I must be an adult first, and get married, then I can have my own babies. Sigh.



Conversation #2: Getting Married

Dolly: Mummy, you said girls must get married first before they can have babies. Did you get married too?

Me: Huh? Of course I did.

Dolly: Huh? But who did you get married to? I did not see you get married. (looking very confused)

Me: Your daddy! How could you have seen me if I have to get married before I can have you?

Dolly: Daddy is your husband?! Ooooo... so he is your prince. Ahh....


Haha... maybe E does not look like the typical prince to her, especially when the only images of princes she know look are these ...




Conversation #3: Making Babies

One day, while I was driving Dolly to school....

Dolly: How do women get pregnant?

Me: Uh... (not ready to 'educate' the under-5-year-old after just 'educating' the boys).. they fall in love with a nice man, get married before they get pregnant.

Dolly: So if you are going to get pregnant again, do you have to marry a nice man again?

Me: No... I have three kids. But I only got married once. Once you are married, you can have as many kids as you want.

Dolly: Ohh..... so is it the man who decides whether to have a baby?

Me: No.. it is up to both the husband and wife to decide. They must discuss and agree whether to have a baby or not.

Dolly: So when I am in K2 (next year), can you get pregnant again so that I can have a baby brother or sister to cuddle and play with? Please....



Haha.....







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...