Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Ultimate Me-Time



I finally did it! 

With my darling hubby's blessings, I booked myself a vacation and went ahead to enjoy without him, and without my boys. B-L-I-S-S! 

I settled for a nearer destination (as compared to my original plan of 10 days at the Big Apple) so I don't have to waste much precious time travelling. 

And I got K.K. to join me, who turned out to be a rather delightful companion in many ways. We spent so much time catching up. It is just AMAZING how much we forget sometimes! 

A jog down memory lane can really stir up some bittersweet emotions. My favorite - the length at which the boy went to, to convince his dream girl that he is THE one, so she would take the leap of faith...  and the globe-trotting and whirlwind romance that followed ....  

So after 4 days of R&R, I am back! Home. Sweet. Home. 

With a body full of aches from daily gym workouts and newfound love for my sweeties at home. 

I knew I could count on E to do a fabulous job looking after both boys ALL on his own. Not only was the house sparkling clean and my boys chirpy and well-fed, the doting dad even managed a trip to Sentosa for 6 hours of fun! How cool is that! 

Absence always makes my heart grow fonder. So if a little trip can do wonders, umm... I think we can expect more 'little trips' in future. *.* 

4 comments:

Handydog said...

wah...so nice! dreaming now :)

Alice Law said...

I do wish I would have a chance to go for a vacation without my kids... but it sounds so impossible at the moment!

You have as uch a loving and devoted husband, he is certainly a wonderful father! Have a pleasant week ahead, glad that you enjoyed yourself!

DG said...

Alice, I know what you mean. When my kids were younger, the idea of leaving them behind, even with a doting daddy seems unthinkable. But now... uh.. I find myself planning a second trip even when I was still in the midst of the first one! Haha!

DG said...

Handydog, you can! 'Jio' me next time. >.<

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...