Monday, March 29, 2010

Breaking The Code

As a teenager, I used to be intrigued with cryptography, having survived on a diet of the mystery novels/suspense thrillers of my time. 
 
But I have never thought of exposing my 5.5 yr old to any of these fun stuff just yet. It is one of those things that I always know I want to try with him, but never gotten round to doing. 

Last July, Uncle M introduced him to encoding and the boy, 4.5 yr old then, surprised everyone when he understood the instructions and encoded a funny message on his own. 

Here is him working on another one recently. The letter was sent to Uncle M, who has just decoded it and promised to reply. 




Hmm....  life for a 5 yr old can be so much fun! :> 


2 comments:

Alice Law said...

What a fun game and a good work out for the kids' brain! Should try this out at home... ofcourse when my girl grows a bit older. ^-^

DG said...

It is definitely a great way to use the brain!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...