Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Teach Me. Only Me.

My little baby has been very possessive lately.

On days when I have classes, he always says, 'Don't teach other children. Just teach me. I want Mama School. I want mama to teach me only'.

When we do have Mama School (as we call it at home), he always runs towards me and is all ready to join in on any activities that I introduce. 

I can't be any happier on his enthusiasm to learn. 

My sessions with Chipsy are getting longer these days. Very often, when I want to conclude after an hour, he would insist 'MORE PLEASE'. Though I thought we have done plenty for the day, he obviously still haven't had enough. So we would continue till he gives the cue. 

Except for art/craft time, most of the other activities that Chipsy is doing with me now require me to be physically with him. Every session is very interactive and he is getting very good at listening to and following my instructions, even complex ones. Especially during lapbooking which requires him to apply what he learns from our discussions. I hardly repeat explanations these days, as he seems to understand and remember them after my first attempt. Yippee!! 

Some days I would coach Chipsy on his lapbooking activities while concurrently guiding M on his Chinese activities. The boys sit at different parts of the living room floor or tables and I just move from one to the other. For an hour. 

Sometimes, they would each be working on their own lapbooks with VERY different themes (boys are now making lapbooks based on different literature, so the themes and types of activities differ greatly). 

Hmm.. it isn't easy. But the hard work is always rewarded. From that satisfying smile from Chipsy when he learns something, to the twinkle in M's eyes when he understands something complex.... the results are all there.. 

So YES, it is worth it. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...