Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Pat On The Back at Work

As a stay-home mum, we have to depend on intrinsic rewards to keep us focused and motivated at our 'work'.

A word of encouragement and a pat on the back, or a kiss from the kids to say thank you is always welcome and appreciated. I have been fortunate, to say the least, to have wonderfully supportive hubby, friends and relatives who appreciate what I do and have done. My kids are as appreciative as a typical 5 and 3 years old can be too, so no grumbles there.

On challenging days, I always remind myself that 'The days are long, but the years are short.'

Ever since I started The Tots University, I have another form of encouragement and affirmations of my work. And in generous portions from parents of my students. 

Here is an extract taken from K's blog. She is a friend and also parent of one of my students who has been attending my lapbooking class since April. She blogged last week about a recent lapbook her gal E has made in my class. Her younger gal will also be joining us next year.

...... Of course the activities were fun and engaging, not to forget enriching. Like every of her lapbooking lesson, she has learnt so much. It’s not about the amount of facts that she has acquired in class, but rather on how she learns to process the knowledge. It’s more about pro-active learning. I’m glad to find out about her strengths and weaknesses ever since she started her lapbooking class, in which I can follow up and work on at home. I’m learning as a parent and truly thankful that I have a wonderful friend who has given me valuable insight into this area....


Thank you, K. :> 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...