Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What Moved Me To Tears

Belated post....

When I opened the folder which M brought home from school the Friday before Mother's Day, I found a CD with a lovely hand-written cover. 

It is a CD compilation of two songs sang by kids in his school. Accompanying the CD is a printed copy of the lyrics. 

As I listened to it, tears welled up in my eyes and I was so choked with emotions. It is really funny when I think about it as my little boy didn't actually make anything, and it wasn't a CD compilation of solely my son's voice either. But I was still very moved. 

So this was the song that my boy has been singing the whole week during his playtime at home. After listening to his brother's singing so frequently, even my 2.5yo started singing the catchy chorus and will do so out of the blue when he is playing alone. 

A couple of times when we were out running errands, I couldn't resist the temptations and sang along with my boys. :>  We did get some (friendly) stares from passers-by though.... but we didn't care. This is what childhood and parenthood is about!

I just love the catchy tune and hilarious lyrics. 

Click here to listen to the kids singing  :> 
~~
When I was a little kid, I never liked to eat
Mama put things on my plate, I dumped them on her feet
When she made this soup one day, I ate it all in bed
I asked her what she put in it, and this was what said.

(Chorus)
Oh! Chicken lips and lizard hips and alligator eyes
Monkey legs and buzzard eggs and salamander thighs
Rabbit ears and camel rears and tasty toe nail pies
Stir them all together, it makes Mama's soup surprise! 

..... and there is another verse.. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...