Sunday, May 25, 2008

Chit chat

The sheer happiness and pleasure I derive from witnessing my babies' achievements and milestones is really something invaluable. Just like when I heard Nicholas uttering 'bicycle', 'go there mama', 'toes here' (pointing to his toes), 'wear shoes' etc. 

He is currently in the phase of repeating a lot of the words we say. I remember blogging about Marcus doing the same some time back, so it is especially nostalgic for me to listen to Nicholas now. Just today for instance, he said "battery", "doh" (upon hearing E exclaiming), "come on" and recently he said "let's go", "press", "daddy where" (with the accompanying hand gesture), "apple", "airplane", "nite nite all" and "go away". 

He is really a chatterbox who talks non-stop from the moment he wakes. He would initiate a conversation about his toys to me and Marcus, or participate in ongoing discussions between me and E. He walks up to Marcus to chit chat with him and sometimes sounds like he is either asking questions or scolding his big brother. 

I know I will miss this stage of blabbering mixed with intelligible words when he is older, like the way I missed it with Marcus. For now, I am enjoying every sound he makes, including his crying for my attention as he screams at the top of his lungs "Ma Ma, Ma Ma"! 


2 comments:

Handydog said...

Wow, his vocab is really good. I'm still waiting for Ethel to pass the "mama" stage. Isnt it great to hear them speaking sense, though I still love the sound of baby-ish talk.

DG said...

Thanks. It is extremely rewarding to hear him uttering new sounds and trying to converse. Definitely cherishing the last few months of babyish talk. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...